Astrales Luma 2016
Bodegas Astrales exclusive collection
- Grape Variety: Tinto Fino 100%
- Alcohol Content: 15% vol.
- Vineyards Location: Vineyards of bush vines from our oldest plantations in the municipality of Anguix.
- Type of soil: Clay-calcareous and stony.
- Yields: 3.000 Kg/ha
- Vinification: Grapes are hand sorted. Gravity fed into 10h1. vat where the natural yeasts on the skins trigger the fermentation process. Fermentation and maceration for 15 days. It contains sulfites.
- Ageing: Malolactic fermentation in barrel, aged on the fine lees for 30 months in new, extra-fine-grain French oak barrels, followed by at least another 12 months ageing in the bottle.
A vintage of great quality for Los Astrales, marked by a mild and relatively dry winter, a fresh and wet start to spring that caused a small delay in bud-break. There were no significant spring frosts, nor relevant summer storms. June and July had higher temperatures than usual and a slight drought, which provided a healthy, and wellbalanced harvest with excellent maturity.
Luma 2016, a plant from the Myrtle fannily, rustic but with very aromatic flowers, which expresses the character of this wine from very old vines. Powerfu I nose of black and red fruits, spicy, mineral and floral aromas. Wonderful balance, a lingering finish on the palate, powerful but elegant,with firm, sweet and fine tannins. Allowing excellent ageing overthe conning years.
Ratings and Awards
98 pts Guide Vivir el Vino 2021
98 pts AkataVino Guide, “The most awaited great wine in recent years in Ribera del Duero”.
97 pts Gourmets Guide 2022
97 pts Guia Proensa 2020
95 pts Guia La Semana Vitivinicola 2020 (SEVI)
93 pts Robert Parker
93 pts Guia Peñin 2021
92 pts James Suckling Guide