Astrales Albariño 2020
Denomination of Origen “Rías Baixas”
The third wine for Astrales Blancos Singulares Collection: an exceptional Albariño from Salnés Valley, aged in tank on its fine lees. It shows all the varietal aromatic character accompanied by a fresh, lingering, and powerful mouthfeel, with a finish full of aromas. Allowing excellent capacity for ageing in bottle over the next 5 years.
- Grape Variety: Albariño 100%
- Alcohol Content: 13,5% vol.
- Vineyards Location: Valle del Salnés (Pontevedra)
- Type of soil: Deep and loose, well drained, derived from granite, acidic and sandy, with a subsoil of decomposed bedrock (xabre), where the roots take on their mineral character.
- Yields: 7500 Kg/ha
- Vinification: Grapes are hand sorted. Destemmed and gently crushed. Cold maceration before pressing. Static cold debourbage. Temperature controlled fermentation. Aged on fine lees in tank, cold stabilization and bottled.
- Ageing: Aged on the fine lees for 4 months in tank stirring weekly.
- Production: 6,954 bottles
In general terms, the 2020 harvest cycle in Rías Baixas was presented with “a phenological advance of about 10-15 days compared to the usual, in a year marked by the COVID. This situation was reached after a very warm winter and spring with abundant rainfall and, on occasion, stormy days.
Astrales Albariño 2020 shows an attractive golden yellow color with greenish tones. Intense and complex varietal aromas of stone fruits (peach), white (pear), tropical (pineapple), citrus (grapefruit) and white flowers (linden). Powerful, very fresh and mineral taste, great length, intensity and complexity.
This wine will continue to age in bottle towards candied and spicy fruit tones. Fresh, long, and pleasant mouthfeel, full of aromatic sensations.