Astrales Verdejo 2018
The best expression of terroir
A second wine for Astrales Blancos Singulares Collection. An exceptional Verd¶ejo aged in tank on its fine lees. lt offers all the varietal aromatic character together with a complex and powerful mouthfeel. Allowing excellent capacity for ageing in the bottle overthe nextfive years.
- Grape Variety: Verdejo 100%
- Alcohol Content: 13,5% vol.
- Vineyards Location: Villaverde de Medina (Valladolid).
- Type of soil: Poor and deep, moderately calcareous and abundantfragments of pebbles.
- Yields: 7000 Kg/ha
- Vinification: Grapes are hand sorted. Destemmed and gently crushed. Cold maceration before pressing. Static cold debourbage. Temperature controlled fermentation. Aged on fine lees in tank, cold stabilization and bottled.
- Ageing: Aged on the fine lees for 4 months in tankstiring weekly.
The 2018 harvest of the Rueda Denomination of Origin (DO) received the rating of “very good” after obtaining intense and balanced wines, which stood out for their “great persistence on the palate”. This is how it was described by the full Regulatory Council after studying the report and results of the tasting committee of last year’s vintage wines that have been tasting since last October.
According to reports from the Technical Services of the Rueda Regulatory Council, the 2018 harvest benefited from good weather conditions, which allowed the grape to reach an optimum state of maturity and an excellent state of health.
Astrales Verdejo 2018 shows an attractive golden yellow color with greenish tones. Intense and complex aromas of stone fruits (peach), tropical (passion fruit) and vegetable nuances (boxwood and fennel). Powerful and fresh taste, lingering with great intensity and complexity.
This wine will continue to age in bottle to candied and spicy fruit tones. Fresh, lingering and pleasant mouth full of aromatic sensations.
Ratings and Awards
92 pts and CIVAS Medal with Distinction in AKATAVINO CIVAS Awards 2019
91 pts Guia Vivir el Vino 2020
90 pts Guía Semana Vitivinícola 2020 (SEVI)