Fresher, more balanced and richer in nuances
- Grape Variety: Tinto Fino 100%
- Alcohol Content: 15% vol.
- Vineyards Location: Anguix (Burgos), average of the vines 45 years.
- Type of Soil: Clay – calcareous and stony.
- Yield: 3.500 Kg per ha.
- Production Process: Grapes are hand sorted. Gravity fed into 50hl vats where fermentation takes place with native yeasts. Fermentation and maceration for 15 days.
- Ageing: 18 months mainly in French oak barrels.
- Date of bottling: July 2019
The winter began quite cold, with the wood of the vines parched, the weather changed in February to higher temperatures than usual, that caused an early sprouting of the vines. A severe frost occurred at the end of April resulting in a significant decrease in production and a delay in the vegetative cycle. From then on, temperatures and rainfall conditions were excellent for the development and maturation of the grapes, achieving a harvest of extraordinary quality, although leaving the harvest in short supply.
Astrales 2017 stands out for its intense nose of black fruits, spice, balsamic and toast, with great balance, a lingering finish on the palate, great intensity and backbone, finishing with a firm and fine tannicity, allowing excellent ageing over the coming years.